These pages list environmentally-friendly businesses and organisations local to, or servicing, the Illawarra region.
If you’d like to suggest a business to add, please email Darren.
Green Loans Sustainability Assessors
- Donna Alfeo ph 0414-620-467 (Illawarra area)
- Stephen Daly ph 02 4480-6026 (based in Shoalhaven, but also servicing Kiama Municipality)
- Ian Ferguson ph 02 4421-2437 or 0410-612-437 (covers Dapto, Shellharbour to Bawley Point)
For more information about the Green Loans Sustainability Assessments, visit the Government’s Green Loans website.
- Eco Manifesto, Gerringong. Beeswax candles, personal care products, homewares, green cleaning supplies, books, CDs, toys and more. Online store and local markets.
- Cosmo Lighting, Shop 3/9-11 Princes Highway, Albion Park Rail, ph 4257 9111. Experts in energy efficient lighting options, including LED lighting.
- Remin, Jamberoo. 100% organic multi-mineral rock dust for addition to garden beds to provide elements and minerals essential to healthy plant growth.
- Fresh By Nature, Gerringong. The New South Wales agent for BYAP Aquaponics systems (combining fish raising with hydroponic vegetable growing).
- Technical Aid for the Disabled at Unanderra takes donations of old computer equipment, which they refurbish and provide to people with a disability. The local phone number is 4271 6562.
- Dan’s Metals. Picks up whitegoods, hot water systems, roofing iron, guttering, car parts, batteries, etc for recycling. Services Bulli to Gerringong, and west to the escarpment.
Computers and Technology
- Little Blowhole Computers in Kiama has a great range of ‘green PCs’. These PCs are designed to use much less power than standard desktops (just 25-80 Watts), saving you money and carbon emissions.
- Sustainable Illawarra is a great local sustainability resource. You can also email them or ring their hotline on 4227 7453 with specific questions.
- Sustainable Housing Forum promotes sustainable living on the South Coast and Southern Highlands of NSW through their travelling exhibition.
- Futureworld is a display facility open to the public that demonstrates innovative environmentally friendly technologies.
- Alternative Technology Association (ATA), publishers of Sanctuary and ReNew magazines.
- Jamberoo FutureCare and Kiama FutureCare are community groups working to raise awareness and encourage sustainable lifestyles within their respective townships and surrounding areas.
- Wollongong Climate Action Network (WCAN) is a local community group encouraging individuals, businesses and political parties to take action on climate change.
- Illawarra SeedSavers Network