I just found out about this on the weekend, and am hoping to get there. Seedsavers groups are a great way to get organic, locally-adapted vegetable plants, as well as to meet like-minded people.
Illawarra Seedsavers Network: “Preserve The Future Of Our Food”
– swapping seeds and planting material
– sharing gardening and seed saving tips
– locally adapted vegetable varieties
– organic gardening/permaculture
– meet other local gardeners
– in the environment/sustainability
– Date: **Sunday 30 November 2008**
– Time: **3:00 to 4:00 pm**
– Venue: **Dapto Community Farm, 29 Darkes Road, Dapto** ([view in Google Maps](http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=29+Darkes+Rd,+Dapto+NSW+2530,+Australia&sll=-34.481232,150.799971&sspn=0.008809,0.01487&ie=UTF8&ll=-34.481453,150.799246&spn=0.002202,0.003718&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=-34.48152,150.799694&panoid=evJgtllazySu3o_VcX8oVw))
Seedsavers is interested in assisting to set up “Seed To Seed” food gardens in schools. Also available as a speaker for groups on eco-living, including seed saving.
For more info, email [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com) or visit [Seedsavers.net](http://www.seedsavers.net).