I just found out about this on the weekend, and am hoping to get there. Seedsavers groups are a great way to get organic, locally-adapted vegetable plants, as well as to meet like-minded people.
Illawarra Seedsavers Network: “Preserve The Future Of Our Food”
- swapping seeds and planting material
- sharing gardening and seed saving tips
- locally adapted vegetable varieties
- organic gardening/permaculture
- meet other local gardeners
- in the environment/sustainability
- Date: Sunday 30 November 2008
- Time: 3:00 to 4:00 pm
- Venue: Dapto Community Farm, 29 Darkes Road, Dapto (view in Google Maps)
Seedsavers is interested in assisting to set up “Seed To Seed” food gardens in schools. Also available as a speaker for groups on eco-living, including seed saving.