If you’re in Australia, make sure you catch Costa’s Garden Odyssey on SBS tonight at 8:00 pm.
You can catch a preview at the show’s page on sbs.com.au.
Costa is a landscape architect with a passion for sustainable living. In SBS’s words:
Costa’s Garden Odyssey is a groundbreaking magazine style series that allows this unique Greek Garden Guru an opportunity to do what he does best – spread his green wisdom while communicating with people and celebrating cultures and community in a way never seen before on Australian television.
Costa’s Garden Odyssey shows us how to tread lightly – embracing nature’s cycles and seasons, investigating and championing our local produce from it’s source, and illustrating that in gardens, plants aren’t the only things that grow… people do to.
Costa will take you to the joyous, harmonious heart of the garden. It’s about gardening the soil and the soul.
Tonight is the first episode, covering:
- Northey Street City Farm community garden in Brisbane’s CBD
- fixing a major stormwater problem under a house
- watermelon growing and the Chinchilla Watermelon Festival
- planting a kitchen garden (and celebrating with a lamb on a spit)
- the spiritual and psychological benefits of gardening, through the eyes of a Buddhist Monk
Sounds awesome, doesn’t it? If you watch it, please post your comments below!
Update: If you missed the show last night or live overseas, you can watch the full half-hour episode online. SBS rocks! (thanks Mia for pointing that out!)