I spoke at the launch of the [Sustainable Illawarra Super Challenge](http://www.sustainableillawarra.com.au/The-SuperChallenge.html) Round 2 today at the Dapto Ribbonwood Center. Sorry guys if I rambled too much :-).
It was a great session, with beautiful food and lots of local families to meet. I was pleased to see a nice strong Kiama contingent! It was great to see lots of young families involved too. Once again backyard vegie gardens came out on top as the most popular goal households had set.
Now we just have to [get Mr Rudd onboard](http://kevspatch.wordpress.com/).
Yesterday’s [Kiama Library Living Book session](http://green-change.com/2009/06/12/kiama-living-library-world-environment-day/) went really well too. I was ‘read’ by about half a dozen people, and we had some really good conversations about what we’ve done to become more sustainable and what the ‘readers’ were thinking of doing.
If I spoke to you this weekend, chances are I sent you to this web site for more detailed information about something. To make it easier to find, here are some of the most common things people asked about:
– [chest fridge conversion](http://green-change.com/2009/05/23/chest-fridge-conversion/)
– [converting halogen downlights to CFLs](http://green-change.com/2009/05/25/converting-halogen-downlights-to-cfls/)
– [plug-in power meter review](http://green-change.com/2008/11/27/ms6115-mains-power-meter-review/)
– [Kiama FutureCare launch](http://green-change.com/2009/06/08/kiama-futurecare-is-launched/)
– [our rooftop solar electricity panels](http://green-change.com/2009/05/18/we-now-have-solar-power/)
– [solar hot water](http://green-change.com/2009/03/20/solar-hot-water-installed/)
– [wicking beds and wicking boxes](http://green-change.com/2009/05/01/wicking-beds-water-efficient-gardening/)
– [make your own tumbling compost bin](http://green-change.com/2009/05/05/diy-tumbling-compost-bin/)
– [5 things to cook with lilli pillis](http://green-change.com/2009/04/07/5-things-to-cook-with-lillypillies/)
– [feral peach filo pastries](http://green-change.com/2009/03/09/feral-fruit-filo-pastry/)
– [green manure crops](http://green-change.com/2009/02/15/green-manure-crops/)
– [growing potatoes in the front yard](http://green-change.com/2009/04/28/potato-harvest-2/)
– [growing mushrooms under the house](http://green-change.com/2009/01/17/growing-mushrooms-from-mushroom-compost/)
– [aquaponics in Gerringong](http://green-change.com/2009/03/31/backyard-aquaponics-in-gerringong/)
– [chicken ark plans](http://green-change.com/2008/11/17/chicken-ark-plans/)
– [where to buy chickens in the Illawarra](http://green-change.com/illawarra-chickens/)
– [Sydney Water “love your garden” service](http://green-change.com/2008/11/01/sydney-water-love-your-garden-review/)
– [the “Kev’s Patch” campaign](http://green-change.com/kevs-patch/)
– [Australian rebate information](http://green-change.com/australian-rebates/)
– [Illawarra green directory](http://green-change.com/illawarra-green-directory/)
– [backyard escargot](http://green-change.com/2009/01/12/backyard-escargot/)
Whew! I’m sure there’s something in there for everybody.
Feel free to ask questions in the comments!
So we have officailly finished out sustainablity challenge then??
Hope all is well at yours.
@Donna: No, I think our challenge has a bit longer to run. From memory I think we started about October or November last year? They probably moved the start date for round 2 forward, because the Sustainable Illawarra program funding ends around the middle of next year.
It was fantastic to have you share your Super Challenge story at the launch of the 2nd round Darren – thanks so again much for coming along! Glad to see there was so much interest in what you’ve been doing, and resultant hits to your site!
Yup, Round One of the Challenge is still going until Nov this year, just had an overlap because funding for the program activities finishes next June…which is a sad thought!
Hi Ally, I had a great time at the launch. It’s really motivating to talk to like-minded people, especially when so many live nearby here. Catch you at the next event!
Comments are closed.