I previously posted a list of online resources I found useful (for both plans and inspiration) when designing our chicken tractor, but I got a lot of emails asking where people could buy chicken tractors. Not everyone has the time (or tools!) to build something from scratch.
You can buy chickens tractors in two main forms: ready-made (fully assembled) or in kit form (typically an easy-to-assemble flat pack). Here are some of the Australian commercial chicken tractor manufacturers I know of (links below the pictures):
- My Chicken Coop (Wetherill Park, Sydney NSW) – very good prices
- McCallum Made Chicken Tractors (Gympie, Qld)
- Southport Showplace Chook Mowers (West Burleigh, Gold Coast, Qld)
- The Royal Rooster Mobile Chicken Coops (Cockatoo Valley, SA)
- Bookachook (Coburg, North Melbourne, Vic)
- City Chicks (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne) – all Australian made with no imported parts.
- Rent A Chook (West Ryde, Sydney, NSW)
- Mountain Arks (Blue Mountains, NSW)
Don’t be put off by the physical locations of these manufacturers – check out their web sites. Most have reasonable shipping options Australia-wide.
If you know of any other good places to buy chicken tractors in Australia, please add a link to the comments below!
Oh, and don’t forget – if you need to buy chickens for your chicken tractor, have a look at my Where To Buy Chickens page.